What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Treats for the taiko group

Today was a special ceremony called Seijinshiki. It's a celebration for those who have turned twenty years old, thus passing into adulthood. At the ceremony, the girls dressed in beautiful kimonos, and the boys in suits. They all participated in a tea ceremony, then had a formal celebration. It was concluded with a song by my taiko drum circle. We had quite some time to wait before playing, so I popped out to the convenience store to get some refreshments.

ONE GOOD DEED: Get cookies for the taiko circle while waiting for a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment