What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A special thank you

Today I sent an email to one of my dad's friends. She is one of the few people in his life willing to tell the truth to his face, whether he likes it or not. With his current problems--and denial of problems--my only comfort is that he has a friend like that. We all need those friends, annoying as they may be. But some people, when they become dangers to themselves and others, really need those friends.

ONE GOOD DEED: Write a heart-felt thank you to a family friend for being straight up with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment