What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A prayer

Today I wrote a prayer following upon the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Then I posted it to the various spiritual email lists I'm on. It's not specific to any religion or philosophy, so it is broadly applicable.

People are so excited, not just in America but everywhere. I felt a prayer might help to focus that energy, while checking some of the over-zealous tendencies. I hope it is able to inspire someone.

ONE GOOD DEED: Share the inspiration of the inauguration with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment