What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Omiyage treats for a Junior High

Today was my first day back to classes after winter break. Boy, was I glad to be back. Work last week, with no classes and nothing to do, was not the most rewarding of experiences. I love seeing the warm smiles of my students after a break, even knowing how dull they will turn just a few days later once they get back into the semester.

Following the Japanese custom of omiyage, or gifts brought home from travels, I gave treats to all the teachers today. They were nice Russell Stover chocolates from America.

ONE GOOD DEED: Give treats to all the teachers at a Junior High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment