What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A stranger in need

Today I got an email from a stranger. The person found my profile and articles on a popular pagan web site, and felt an affinity. Her email revealed she was feeling lost and depressed, spiritually blocked, and needed someone to talk to. Now, there are two ways this could go: either the person is genuinely in need, or she is a leach fishing for attention. I've had bad experiences with the latter, and her email showed all the common red flags. But there was still the possibility of the former, so I sent a reply giving some general advice and pointing her in directions that might help. She replied with a simple "thanks." We'll see whether this will turn out well, or turn ugly. I hold out hope for the former.

ONE GOOD DEED: Help a stranger in need of emotional support.

No comments:

Post a Comment