What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Convenience store staff

One of the things I will definitely miss when I leave Japan is convenience store staff. Unlike what I'm used to in America--i.e., apathetic grouches or suspiciously zealous managers--the staff in Japan are curiously cheerful. They're polite, helpful, enthusiastic, and proud of what they do. Today, after giving omiyage treats to a second junior high school, I stopped by a convenience store on the way to the bus. The staff there have been so nice to me, I decided to give them some omiyage too. The ones on shift happened to be a former student of mine and a mother of a student.

ONE GOOD DEED: Give omiyage chocolates to convenience store staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment