What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sorting the trash


When putting out my trash, I noticed a few bags of mine had been rejected--improperly sorted. Then I noticed how many other people's trash was also languishing in rejection. My town is infamous for its complicated recycling system. It's excellent for the environment on the one hand, but difficult to understand on the other. Many people just ignore it and throw everything in the non-burnables.

ONE GOOD DEED: Sort the rejected trash of my neighbors into its proper bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment