What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A drunk lady in the cold

I'm feeling a little better, though not entirely recovered from the flu yet. But I was determined to meet my friends for New Years Eve.

The clock struck midnight and my friends and I were coming out of the movie theater at the Mall of America. As we were driving away, we drove past an odd lady hanging around outside. "What's she doing there?" The temperature was below zero degrees Farenheit and declining. "Awfully cold out." "She could die." "Do you think we should go back?"

Her face was rough and her glasses thick. She was so drunk she could barely walk. Fortunately, she was able to direct us to her house. Her name was Robin.

ONE GOOD DEED: Drive a drunk lady home on a very cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment