What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas on the plane

My parents and I flew up to Minnesota today to see the rest of the family. We exchanged lots of gifts, but my favorite was on the flight. The lady next to me seemed interested in the book I was reading, The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama. When we were getting off the plane, I asked if she'd like to read it. When she said yes, I replied, "Merry Christmas."

ONE GOOD DEED: Give away a book to a stranger on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment