What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My friend's mistake

Today was a full day, despite being Saturday. We had a local area English speech contest (one of my students won first place!). Then I had to bus into Sapporo to take a Japanese language proficiency test the following morning.

Between all this, I got a call from a friend. She'd made a big mistake at her job, and was feeling like a pile of crap. I did my best to offer a listening ear and cheer her up. The call was cut short, but I heard a change in her voice. I hope it was a good change.

ONE GOOD DEED: Console a friend who made a mistake at work

No comments:

Post a Comment