What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The gym teacher's chair

At the morning meeting at school, the gym teacher next to me stood up. I saw his chair roll back and twirl around. The teacher was absent-mindedly fiddling with something and didn't notice. I quickly replaced the chair under him. Sure enough, he sat down without a glance. He never knew how close he had come to breaking his tailbone.

ONE GOOD DEED: Save the gym teacher from embarrassment and injury by replacing his chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment