What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Neighborhood Trash

I got back from the conference late last night and had a very busy work day today. I didn't get home till nine in the evening. Dead tired, I was tempted to give up my promise already. Then I remembered how much trash tends to accumulate around the garbage pick-up stations. Snatching up a bag and my warmest coat, I trudged out into the frosty Hokkaido evening.

ONE GOOD DEED: Pick up trash around neighborhood garbage stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment