What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Confronting my dad

Today's deed was not a happy one. Last night my dad came to pick me up from the airport. My mom and a few friends were in the car too. It soon became apparent that my dad was hammered. When I asked my mom about it this morning, she made excuses for him like "I didn't think he was as drunk as he was." It was textbook enabler-type behavior. I guess no one would stand up to him if not me. When I talked to him about it, he said "So, you're the boss of me now?"

ONE GOOD DEED: Confront my dad about his drinking problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment