What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The proctor's chalk mess

I took a Japanese language proficiency test today. It's only available once a year, and I had to go all the way to Sapporo and stay in a hotel overnight in order to take it. So I was under a bit of pressure and not thinking much about anything but the test.

About half-way through, a test proctor dropped a piece of chalk, and it shattered into pieces. He was so busy that he hastily grabbed a new piece of chalk and continued his work. Later, during the lunch break, I saw that the broken chalk was still lying there. The proctor was out, so I cleaned it up. Just as I was finishing the proctor came back. He was grateful, and a little embarrassed at having forgotten about it.

ONE GOOD DEED: Clean up the busy proctor's chalk mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment