What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Condolences for the family altar

Recently another person in my apartment building lost her mother. I'm not close to her, but I wanted to give something as a condolence. Upon consulting a friend, I found a good thing to do in Japan is give flowers or sweets. These are placed upon the butsudan, or Buddhist family altar, as offerings to the departed.

ONE GOOD DEED: Give a neighbor sweets as condolences for a lost parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment