What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Correcting disinformation about bill 2433

While down in Arizona my dad and I ran into some guys who were all up in arms about a certain Senate bill 2433, which supposedly grants the UN control of our guns. My dad has been crying the sky is falling over this bill. Last night I took the time to look up the exact full-text of the bill itself, as well as the arguments by the pro-gun extremists. The bill appears to address global poverty alone. It's goal is linked to one of the points in the UN Millennium Declaration, other points of which do address gun control. But the bill is completely separate and does not seem to require (or suggest) signing onto the Milliennium Declaration in order to enact it. Apparently the fear is that if we concede one point to the UN, we will soon concede all points. This is paranoia. Fortunately, my dad listened to reason.

ONE GOOD DEED: Stop the spread of disinformation via my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment