What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

War Child International

Today I performed my own Genocide Prevention Ritual. After putting so much work into organizing the event, I figured my own ritual would be little more than a formality. But it was quite a rewarding experience. Seeing the flowers before me, the naked cut stems, and the blossoms fallen in the mud was more meaningful than I could have imagined. I don't understand why the senses are so important in this way, but they are. As much intellectualization as I do, it culminates in a sensual experience that brings words to a halt.

After the ritual, I followed through by giving to War Child International, a nonprofit that aids children affected by war, helping them get back on their feet, recover from trauma, and return to education.

ONE GOOD DEED: Donate to War Child International.

No comments:

Post a Comment