What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Neighborhood clean-up day

Yesterday was the junior high clean-up day, and today was the neighborhood one. People from around the area gathered in the morning and swept across the neighborhood cleaning up trash, chanting, and wearing robes. Wait, scratch the chanting and robes--that's part of my trashmonk fantasy (maybe someday!). I'm grateful that my town has a clean-up day. Even though the area goes back to being filthy in the space of a sneeze, it's good to know people care about their neighborhood.

ONE GOOD DEED: Participate in the neighborhood trash clean-up day.

No comments:

Post a Comment