What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

Today is Earth Day. I celebrated with a personal favorite in environmental service. You guessed it -- trashmonking. Though my schedule was packed from sun-up to sun-down, I managed to get out twice to pick up some trash around town.

ONE GOOD DEED: Pick up trash on Earth Day.

4 comments:

  1. Huh...weird. Are you in Australia or somewhere in Europe? This post is up at 4 a.m. my time...way too early to pick up trash! Or else you're REALLY hard core about your trash collection! ;)

    Thanks for your Earth Day effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 6-year-old wrote the principal of his school to ask if they could turn all the lights off in the school for one minute as a symbolic gesture like he heard about on some commercials. Sweet. The principal agreed to do it and even announced him on the intercom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They actually did it? That's awesome. I guess 6-year olds do have a lot of political clout, don't they?

    ReplyDelete