What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Minnesota wild rice for Kyoto-sensei

For all the rice they eat, few Japanese have ever seen black rice. You might as well be showing them a blue cow. That's why I love bringing back the stuff from my home state.

The vice-principal (kyoto-sensei) of an elementary is going to be transferring come March, and today was my last day to see her. She's been a huge supporter of me and my teaching efforts, and I couldn't thank her enough. So what did I give her?

ONE GOOD DEED: Give Minnesota wild rice to a vice-principal who will transfer.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to know that there are still people like you who are doing good deeds every single day of your life. My friend shares me this great site, it is called A Global Tribe, you can share all the good deeds that you did.

    ReplyDelete