What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Friday, February 20, 2009

International Campaign for Tibet

I received a Facebook cause invitation today from a former student. It came at a fortuitous time, as I'm currently reading the Dalai Lama's Ethics for the New Millennium, and becoming interested in the situation in Tibet.

The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) is engaged in everything from human rights advocacy to training Tibetan youth in leadership skills. Last year they mobilized support in response to demonstrations in Tibet and the ensuing "Crackdown", helped with U.S. legislation against the Crackdown, and released a studies on the demonstrations as well as the effect of the new railway on Tibet's land and people.



ONE GOOD DEED: Raise awareness for and donate to the International Campaign for Tibet.

No comments:

Post a Comment