What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The best tea in the office

The youngest in my Board of Education office is a girl whose duties include making the daily coffee and tea for everybody. Everybody drinks coffee, but I can't drink the stuff on a daily basis without getting loopy, so she makes tea just for me. Not only this, but she goes out of her way to make it just right. At first I told her repeatedly that plain old bag tea with nothing added was fine, but she relentlessly pursued my exact tastes, adding just the right hint of sugar. She also noticed I'm a huge fan of milk tea (a certain blend of black tea and condensed milk), and went to the extent of getting advice from her bartending brother on how to get it to blend just right. Now I'm spoiled to the point where I really notice the days when she is gone from the office, when the tea is plain as an Amish buggy.

ONE GOOD DEED: Tell an office mate that she makes the best tea in the office (she was very glad to hear it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment