What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Scary guy at McDonalds

At McDonalds today there was a homeless vagrant, quite drunk, with a huge build and a demon-like gravelly voice. He just wanted to talk to people it seemed, but it made everyone intimidated and frightened. The atmosphere was tense. Nobody wanted to look at him. I was a bit intimidated myself. But when he asked where he could sit, I pointed out a few empty chairs for him. There, he was able to have his lunch more or less in peace, apart from the occasional outbursts of profanity directed at no one.

ONE GOOD DEED: Look past appearances to be courteous and kind to a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment