What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Helping R get her car home

My girlfriend R has been borrowing her parents' Lincoln for the longest time and needed to get it back to them. I proposed a road trip. So last night we went through a huge rigamarole to get the car running again after sitting for three months, and then today we returned to her parents' place out west. We had lunch with her folks, whom I hadn't seen in forever-- her mom just happens to be my high school art teacher! R showed me her art, and her mom gave me some photocopies of my old high school sketches. I hadn't seen them in more than ten years! What a blast from the past.

ONE GOOD DEED: Help R get her car back to her parents' place.

No comments:

Post a Comment