What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Trash after Cherry Blossom-viewing Parties

The Japanese have a spring custom: when the cherry blossoms bloom, which only happens for about a week, they get together with friends and family for a picnic under the blossoms. I found a great many of these picnics going on in Kitanomaru Park in Tokyo. Ever ready to exploit situations for a good deed, I thought surely there would be a great deal of trash left by them. Truthfully I was stunned by how tidy the park was. Even in a big place like Tokyo, the Japanese hold true to their habits of consideration and cleanliness.

ONE GOOD DEED: Pick up trash in Kitanomaru Park in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment