What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spreading the word about Darfur

Very few Japanese seem to know about the crisis in Darfur. I asked the local culture center about screening The Devil Came On Horseback to raise awareness and funds, but to no avail. The town is just too small to attract enough people to justify the cost. The only other local place I could think of was a soup curry restaurant in Rumoi. The owner-operators are a couple of hip young Japanese rasta-types. They do African drumming and sometimes organize dance parties. Last night I gave them some information on Darfur and offered my help if they wanted to host a Darfur event.

ONE GOOD DEED: Plant seeds for local events raising awareness about Darfur.

No comments:

Post a Comment