What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Taking care of solitaries

I belong to a religious organization called ADF, and about half the members are what's called "solitaries." That is, they practice their religion alone rather than with a group, for whatever reason. Somebody needs to attend to the needs of all those solitaries, and I've been that person for the last year or so. It's all volunteer work. Today I helped a person looking for resources to create a liturgy to celebrate the coming spring equinox.

ONE GOOD DEED: Help a person in need of resources for their spiritual path.

No comments:

Post a Comment