What's going on here?

I've made a commitment: to do one good deed per day. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Self-sacrificing or not, extraordinary or mundane, it doesn't matter. Just one thing every day, that's all.

The more I do good, the better I feel about myself. Truly, to benefit others is to benefit yourself. I hope this journal may inspire others who also yearn to do good. So join me on this journey, if you will, and think about the difference you can make in your own life.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Hokkaido-ben karuta cards for a former student

And today I visited a different friend, also a former student. She's not entering university, in fact she and her husband are now enjoying retirement. She's still got a bit of an old-fashioned Japanese flair -- staying at her house was like staying at a traditional Japanese ryokan (inn).

ONE GOOD DEED: Give a former student a set of karuta cards themed with Hokkaido-ben (Hokkaido dialect, which provokes the same giggles as any good regional accent in America).

No comments:

Post a Comment